Rumar development diary: #5
Tuesday, August 12:
Work was resumed last after a short holiday.
There were several time consuming impediments that have been fixed.
I had some issues with getting the anti-aliasing of sprites to work on larger screens.
It kept looking blurry around the edges.
Turned out to be just a few lines of code required to fix it.
The biggest issue was that sprites wouldn’t align properly.
After many hours of research it looks to be a bug in CocosSharp, the port of Cocos2D that I’m using as game engine.
It’s now being looked at by the CocosSharp guys and luckily I found a workaround that allows me to continue development.
For the technical people that would like to know more about this issue, here is the discussion about it on the Xamarin Forum.
All focus is now on the gameplay part of the game and it’s turning into something playable.
For the next post I expect to show a short gameplay video!
I didn’t get the chance to spent as much time as I would on the project in the past weeks and I might not reach my own set deadline for September.
Blogging is also a little slow because of that.
But I will not rush to release anything; the quality of the game is what counts and quality takes time!